Monday 5 September 2011

Bring on the night lights

We spent the good part of 1.5 hours on Friday night stuck in traffic. After an unsuccessful attempt to cross town on Punt Rd (yes, please build this tunnel!) we wove our way through to St Kilda Rd.... hoping, ever so unrealistically... that the flow of traffic would sweep us to our destination in a heart beat.
This, needless to say, didn't happen. But I did enjoy watching the sun fade and the night lights take on an ethereal quality as we inched past the Art Centre and over the bridge towards St Paul's Cathedral.
I discovered the Sweet Honey Murcott yesterday, via my Slow Text project and realised I never read the signs in the fruit shop. To me the Sweet Honey Murcott was just another mandarin... Would he taste sweeter now that I knew?
I was instantly transported back here... to year 12 VCE (heaven forbid)....

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title.


and then here and here to Masaru Emoto's water experiments. Surely 'mandarin' & 'sweet honey murcott' would produce 2 very different looking crystals...would they not?

So many questions, so many answers. I hope you find the right answers to your questions this week? If not, just look again....& laugh xox

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...